8.20.2008

Working Out

So I am kind of proud of myself. I've been working out in a steady fashion for almost 2 weeks now - which before having kids wouldn't have sounded like such a huge fete to me. But now, after kids - it's a big deal. It's hard to make myself workout (the getting started part & the working out at night part) but once I've actually started - it's not that bad. And I feel great after I do. It's kind of empowering. I die for like the first 10 minutes, but after that - it feels good (well not good, like a spa day good - but good knowing that I'm trying to get in shape, be healthier, and lose weight good). It's kind of nice working out at home too, because I don't have to worry about what I look like - I can wear any ratty old shirt and pants. Plus, when I'm done, I can take a shower right away because I'm already home! Sweet.

Now if I can just change my diet along with working out, I'll be doing really well. And so far, that's the hardest part. I had a hard time with this same thing after I had Josh. I was so used to "eating for two" that I couldn't control my portion sizes! Plus, after getting used to drinking soda again - that's really hard to stop. Josh had already turned one by the time I started working out, so I'm a little ahead of where I was after him. And I'm already hating the scale - it's my worst enemy. I keep telling myself, don't weigh yourself today, don't do it - only bad can come from doing such things. But I do, and then I'm disappointed. I've even gotten a little overly organized with the working out thing - I've made a chart, which is probably a good thing. It has all of my measurements on it and weight - which will be good once I finally make progress. But all in due time. I just have to keep telling myself that!

No comments: