8.18.2008

My Battle with Insomnia

Well I think I had the longest night that I've had since Madison was really little and waking up every 2 hours to nurse. I've had problems sleeping in the past and have been on medication to help me get to and stay asleep. And last night I had forgotten that I was out of my medication and it was 10:30 by the time I realized this! So I knew it was going to be a long night, I just didn't know how long it was actually going to be. Honestly, I don't even know how I'm typing this because I have a huge headache, my hands are shaking and I need caffeine like I've never needed it before (they really need to build a Starbucks in my house). I only got about 2 hours sleep last night, and feel like I could bite off the next person's head that crosses my path.

To make matters worse, Josh woke up for some odd reason twice last night - which he hasn't done in forever. He woke up at 1am and then again at 4am, Brad got up to go to work around 5:45 and Madison woke up around 6:30. So about the times that I was falling asleep, there was always someone around to wake me up. Nice. And to make matters even worse, Josh peed in his bed last night. So I'm in the process of washing all of his bedding - which I hate to wash bedding. And today is the day that Josh goes back to see the orthopedic surgeon (again), and I kind of need to be at least a little sane and be able to concentrate. So today I'm going to get my medication and hopefully tonight will be a better night.

So insomnia 10 (million nights) : Adrienne zip. It wins again!!

1 comment:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

Okay... i totally get the sleep deprived thing... I'm loosing my Friday baby sitter at the end of august! So 2 hours is enough... right? (assuming my kids nap together) Take your drugs babe! That's why God made them! Miss you!