8.14.2008

No Words

I have absolutely no words to describe how angry I was when Josh did what he did last night. I had had a pretty rough day already, since Josh hadn't been listening to me during our moms playgroup and was just acting out period. Which I know, happens, but still frustrating all the same. But yesterday he actually went down without a hitch for his nap and at bedtime, which was a relief. But that was it.

Brad had a union meeting, so he was going to be home late - which I hate those nights, but I'll I can do is deal with it. It's a little easier for me when I know ahead of time that he's going to be late, so I can plan what we're going to do that night to stay busy and keep from going insane. What I absolutely hate is when he calls me up at 2pm and tells me, oh I'm going to stay a couple of hours late tonight. But that's a completely different subject!

So I'd been having a rough day and Josh wasn't really listening after he woke up from his nap. I was trying to keep him busy with watching TV and playing with his toys, but that failed. He was driving me nuts, and then all of a sudden he really got into watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, and I was like - ahh, relief. I thought since he was occupied and Maddie was in a good mood in her highchair - I thought I'd empty the dishwasher (well and talk to my mom too - but it's not like I haven't done this a million times before). So emptying the dishwasher takes maybe 1o minutes. Well my son, decides in that 10 minutes to almost completely destroy our family room. He had gotten a hold of some of Brad's lotion (which is industrial strength lotion that he gets from work). My son decides that he is going to pour this lotion all over everything in our house. He put it all over our TV remotes (one was completely covered and no longer recognizable), the carpet, inside 2 of his snack bowls (one containing macaroni), all over Maddie's toys, the couch, and on the linoleum in our entry way. And did I say that it was lotion! Not an easy cleanup, but I guess it's better than paint. Trust me, it's lotion (all those dirty minds).



And then to top off the night altogether, Josh kicks me with his boot! Ugh, I was so stinkin' mad. It was all I could do to keep it together. Sending him to timeout and me getting one too helped. But my foot hurt so bad, I could barely walk on it. So off to Dairy Queen we went. A peanut buster parfait makes everything better!

1 comment:

Missa said...

boy, I was going to leave a comment on this but I have no words either. If it were Finn he would STILL be in his room!