8.12.2008

The Olympics

So my friend Heidi prompted me to write this blog. I'm copying her :) Or I could say that she just posted on her blog about it before I did. I had been thinking about the Olympics a lot, but hadn't posted anything on it. But I know, I'm really copying her.

But I must admit that my new addiction this summer is the Olympics. I cannot stop watching them and must use the DVR to record anything that's on. I don't know what it is about these Olympics compared to any other, but I'm obsessed! I've watched the Olympics in previous years, but it hasn't been anything like this. Brad and I have always in tune with when the Olympics are going to be on throughout the years, and then we only watch the events that we're interested in. Then the interest fades, and that's that.

This year is completely different for me. I've been looking up the schedules for different events online, I want to know what events are on that day, and I've been keeping up with he medal count. See, I told you - I'm addicted. I love watching the gymnastics (um, I wonder why? :) maybe because I was one?) & this year I've gotten into the diving, we even watched the volleyball. But my favorite event to watch is the swimming. I love the relay races and just loved the event period! Go Phelps!! But I have to give it up for the DVR - if we didn't have that, I couldn't watch the Olympics. It's hard to watch TV and pay attention to anything that's going on, on TV when you have 2 kids and one that has to watch what he wants to watch all of the time. Got that? So the DVR is my best friend during these Olympics, so I can watch everything during nap time and at bed time.

I'd better go feed Maddie, she's starting to cry and is wanting a bottle. Oh - the bad mom awards are starting early today I guess.

No comments: