8.31.2008

Girls Night Out

Last night for my birthday (which yes, is today) a small group of friends and I went out to dinner at Red Robin. We ate dinner and had a couple of drinks. It was so much fun!! And I'm sad to say that I'm not recovering from some horrible hangover today and that our night got pretty wild. I'm just joking! But really, it was fun and I haven't laughed like that or that hard in a really long time. As my friend Melissa was saying - playgroups are nice, but as a mom - you never get to complete a thought, sentence, or anyone else do either of those things for that matter. Playgroups are more for the kids. Yes, they are for mommies too, but definitely kids first. Before you have kids, you take for granted going out to dinner and chatting or even getting into deep conversations. I've had a little, itty bitty taste of a mommies night out, and now I'm hungry (literally - ha!) for more.

All of us had so much fun, that we want to try to make this a regular occasion and talk about doing it once a month. Hopefully we can stick to it, and get out and away from the kids. I know that I keep saying that it was so much fun - but it really was. I feel very lucky to know this group of women and feel very thankful that they are in my life (you know who you are). I don't have any immediate family here, but this group of girls is becoming just that - family! So thank you to them, because I know I can count on them - and that makes me feel extremely grateful.

2 comments:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

Happy happy birthday! Miss you! So glad you had a great night out!

JennGoodley said...

Sounds like you had a great night out for your b-day!!! You should do that once a month! or MORE!!! if you can..... having time out to yourself with your friends is important....I am glad you got to have a fun night out for you...... hope you had a great b-day