7.15.2008

I Got to Sleep Through the Night

This is just going to be a quick post, but I actually got to sleep through the night last night. Oh, it was heavenly! Maddie is a pretty good sleeper (better than Josh ever was), but she has still be waking up once during the night. I just find with her, it's a lot harder to let her cry - so it's my own fault. But when you have 2 kids instead of one, I always fear that they're going to wake each other up. But I did get a lot of sleep and good sleep at that. So I start the day off feeling refreshed and energized and full of hope that today will be a good day.
When I don't get much sleep, I start the day off grumpy and moody (I need my sleep) - so maybe my bad days start off then. It's hard when you have a child that still wakes up in the middle of the night, and have another one that's an early riser. But that's motherhood, right? So today I was actually awake before Josh woke up, and that seems to be going good so far. We're all in high spirits today - and we actually have something fun to do today, so that always helps. I'm a planning kind of person - if I know we have something to do that particular day, the day goes by a lot smoother and I feel like I can make it through the week. That's all for now, we'll see how the rest of the day shapes out.

No comments: