7.28.2008

Potty Training

Well we are finally in the club, well maybe just being introduced to the potty training club - probably not a member yet. We're still in the trial part I guess. Brad has had the last four days off (being Pioneer Day and all), so he told me that he was really going to work with Josh on trying to get him potty trained. Josh does so much better with Brad on that kind of stuff, and it's so hard to try to do it during the week when I'm here by myself. So this was the weekend! It was slow starting, but I think (knock on wood) that he actually has the hang of it! He wore underwear all day yesterday and Saturday (well, except for naps and bedtime) and didn't have one accident. He wore underwear on Friday too, but had one accident (but I think that's because we went to the store and he just got so excited and peed right there on the floor - oops! But what can you do - nothing, so we just left).

And...he pooped on the potty on Saturday! He kept saying that he tummy was hurting and kept asking for a diaper - which, hello - red flag, but we wouldn't put one on him. So Brad took him into the bathroom, and just said let's stay on the potty and we're not getting out until you go poop. Well as soon as Brad took down Josh's pants, he started to go. And let's just say - there was a lot of it! It must have been 2 days worth of poop (probably because Josh didn't want to go in the potty). So here we are today. He has already gone pee twice, but I'm waiting for the poop. I know, I lead a very glamorous life!

So we'll see how it goes, but so far so good! This is so much better than diapers!

1 comment:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

Good luck! they say if you start when they're older it goes faster! It'll be nice only changing one kid's diapers!