7.27.2008

Technology

Ok. So I've been MIA for a couple of days on the computer, and for good reason. The hard drive on our laptop fried, which I don't know what I did to deserve this - but it must have been something pretty bad (in my mind anyways). I'm the type of person who checks their email like three times a day. So, karma? This happened on Wednesday night. I called Hp that night, and they basically told me I was SOL. I had to get a new hard drive from them and my recovery disks. So I ordered those on Thursday, and the new hard drive (which we got for free because our laptop is still under warranty - it's less than a year old) arrived on Friday via FedEx. Now, as I was looking at the hard drive box, I'm wondering where are the recovery disks? No disks. So, I call Hp back. And they tell me in no uncertain terms - that I won't get the recovery disks until Aug. 1st because they are coming through regular mail! What?!? That doesn't even make any sense. Why ship (and spend the extra money) to overnight the hard drive, when I can't do anything with it until we get the recovery disks? Doesn't make any sense to me, but according to Hp - this is the process. Don't. Ask.

So all of our pictures of the kiddos from about February until now are lost. We can't get our data back unless we pay a hefty price to do so, and then we wouldn't have our computer for like 2 weeks because they'd have to ship it to Kentucky. Which anybody that knows me, knows that 2 weeks is a lifetime for me to go without my computer.

So long story short - I've been on the phone for what feels like a lifetime to try and get my computer fixed - which it won't be for at least another week. I don't want to talk to any more computer techs for a LONG time, and I've had to set up my old desktop - which feels like an ancient dinosaur compared to the laptop. So if anyone wants to get a hold of me via email/online or writes a comment about my posts - I'm not ignoring you, I just can't get online.

I have a lot more posts, but can't spend the time writing them - the computer is set up in Maddie's room - which is another whole story in itself. So look for more of my posts around Friday. There might be like 10 of them by that time. Ugh, technology - I have a love/hate relationship with it right now!

No comments: