7.28.2008

Dinosaur Park

Saturday we went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. It was so much fun and Josh absolutely loved it. He had a blast! On the way there we told him where we were going, and he just kept roaring and making claws with his hands. It was so cute. His new thing now is to say "Roar, Madison".


Then, when we got there - we did the outside part first (since it is so dang hot here), and at that point he became a little scared. I mean, if I were only 3 feet tall, I would be scared too. Some of the dinosaurs were like 2 stories tall (but don't quote me on that, I'm not good with measurements). There were huge dinosaurs in the park and boxes with speakers all over the place that kept making roaring sounds. For a while there, Brad had to carry him. But he got used to it after a while. They also had a huge playground for kids to play on and he loved that. It was so nice, but SO hot! I can't wait to take him when it's a lot cooler outside. Then we can spend even more time there. I have pictures - but will have to post them later (there is no way I'm setting up this computer with our newer camera, when the laptop will hopefully be back in service later this week, so it will just have to wait).


Next was the museum part, which was obviously inside. Ah - air conditioning! I don't know which part he like more. The actual park or the museum. They had so much stuff to look at and so much information, it was hard to take everything in! The grand finale though, was when we went upstairs. They had two huge dinosaurs (I think a Stegosaurus and another meat-eating one - I'm not good with dinosaurs either) that were moving and making noises! They looked pretty lifelike and Josh could not tear his eyes away from them. He didn't want to leave. And what was Maddie doing this whole time - sleeping! Awe.

So we'll definitely be back. And I will post pictures when I can download them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is the stegasourus Mommy with the babies against the tRex. :> Isn't that place fun. But yes much nicer outside in the cool

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

I wish we had that here! My Josh would love it!