10.28.2008

Kidney Stones

I keep telling myself to breathe, but I don't think it's helping. It has been a long and busy month. With taking care of both kids, taking care of a sick hubbie and kids, Brad leaving for the weekend, and people coming to visit us - and add on the day to day grind of cleaning, cooking, changing diapers, feeding, etc. it's a little hard to breathe right now.

Now add into the mix - kidney stones. Brad went to the doctor (our family doctor) right before he left - so almost 3 weeks ago now. He had an xray done and was diagnosed with having a kidney stone. We've been waiting for it to pass, and nothing. He had a CT scan done last Monday to verify that he had a stone, where it was, and how big it was. They saw the kidney stone - it being 3mm and it was found high in his ureter. Then he had an appointment with a urologist today. He was only in pain when he went to see the doctor, but the pain started again - so it was a good thing he kept his appointment today. The doctor (the urologist) told him the CT scans were a week old (LONG story about that) and that he needed to know where the stone was today - so he had to have another xray. After all of this pain, the stone has not moved.

So this week Brad will go in to have the lithotripsy done. Not sure if he is going to be in a lot of pain or not. The nurse at the urologist's office said that he's going to feel like he's been beaten up, but should be back to normal in a few days. Kind of wishing we were living closer to family right about now. His mom said that if I needed her to come out, she would. But I would feel bad if I asked her to come out and Brad was just fine - especially since they were just here this last weekend. But then again, knowing my luck - Brad will be in a lot of pain and my MIL won't be here to help. Still unsure of what I should do, but maybe something will come to me tonight. I can't wait for this month to be over with. I'm tired, just down right tired.

1 comment:

JennGoodley said...

poor Brad, I have never had one but have heard how painful they can be. Hopefully it will just come out. I think if Brad's mom is willing to come you should let her. Just in case, it would take some pressure off you..... I hope he is doing better and the stone comes out.