10.06.2008

Tidbits of Our Fam

Well there has been a little bit of stuff going on at our house, I just either had the time to post, or haven't felt motivated to do so. So here is a quick little update for everyone.
  • Madison had her 9 month appointment on Tuesday. It went well, I hardly had any questions. She is still really small (well, not underweight, just small) - she weighed in at 16 lbs, 6 oz and was at the 10% for her weight. And I can't remember the exact number for her height - but they said she was in the 55th percentile for her height. Which is good, she jumped from the 10% to the 55% in 3 months. So good progress there. The doctor said that he's not worried about her weight, and really I'm not either - because I know she's a good eater. She constantly eating, so no worries here. She did get her flu shot and had to have her finger pricked for the hemoglobin test - well actually her toe. And we found out that she hates band-aids. Every time she looked at any of her band-aids, she started to cry right away - it must have been little reminder that she had gotten a shot. Oh, it was so sad. So she took those off herself immediately, and the one on her toe was holding pressure. So we made a huge mess in the doctor's office - blood was all over me and the floor, and her and my hands. Oh, what a day! She is a little anemic, so we have to do this iron drops. But the doctor said that we'll just recheck everything at her one year.
  • Let's see - since Brad passed his test they have had him being the foreman for a crew all last week. Which is really stressful, because if anything happens, it is his fault. So he had been pretty stressed, which made for a long week.
  • I was able to get away from the family, which I really needed a break. I went to a Pampered Chef party on Friday night, and it was really fun! I didn't stay too long, but it was just enough to recharge my batteries a little bit. (And little did I know, I was going to need every ounce of strength and patience that I had.)
  • Brad got really sick on Friday night and into Saturday. He was throwing up and everything else, so he was stuck in bed ALL day. Which I did feel bad for him, because being sick like that is no fun. But on the other hand, if it had been me being sick - I would have had to do almost everything that I normally do anyways. Moms don't really get a break, or get to be sick. We just have to keep going. So, to put it nicely, I was a little mad. I didn't want the kids getting sick or me sick - especially since Brad will be out of town this coming weekend. So if we all get sick, I pretty much out of luck to have anyone help me. Plus, I was supposed to get my hair done. And normally it wouldn't be a big deal to reschedule - but we are busy every weekend this month, and a couple into November. I was really looking forward to getting it done, for some time just to myself - and a woman getting her hair done is a big thing. Oh well, maybe I'm just being too selfish.
  • Plus on Saturday, I was making another meal for a mom in our mom's club - and I think sometimes I just spread myself too thin. But I didn't know, and couldn't plan, that Brad was going to get sick - we think it's something that he ate, by the way.
  • I also had to run to the store with both kids in the pouring rain. And Josh was terrible in the store. He hadn't been listening all morning, and when we went by the balloons, he completely freaked out because he wanted one. And I stuck my ground and I wasn't going to give in and get one for him, because he didn't deserve one. I don't want to teach my kids that if they throw a fit, I'll give in and say here, just have it. So we're in the check out aisle, and he is still throwing an all out tantrum. I'm doing my best not to pay him any attention. But I'm talking kicking, screaming, hitting me, throwing himself on the floor - tantrum! Ugh. It was all I could do to muster up a smile for the cashier and say thank you. When we got home, he was in a timeout for quite some time!
  • Sunday we didn't do much, but Brad was feeling a lot better - so it was just a family day staying at home.

Hopefully this week won't be so fun filled (ha, ha - sarcastic tone). It's Brad's birthday on Wednesday, so we have that. But we're really not busy besides that. So maybe this week will be a little more calm. Let's hope so, because I just can't handle any thing else.

1 comment:

JennGoodley said...

Wow you have been a busy girl this week. Too bad Brad got sick. that sucks I have been sick too, I think the flu is going around! lucky though if it was someting he ate then it goes away faster. I can't belive Josh was throwing that big of a fit over a balloon! I agree don't be the mom that just gives in to make him stop cause he will do it every time and know that you will give in and he will think he can get whatever he wants