10.19.2008

Weekend Adventures

So one of my good friends from elementary school, Ashlee, came down from Seattle for a visit this weekend and it was sheer fun! I haven't had fun like that in a really long time, so I was due. I picked her up at the airport late Thursday night - so she didn't get to see the kids and I had been trying to tell Josh that Ashlee was coming to visit. Well he must have thought that I meant she was coming to visit just him, because Ash-wee (as he calls her) became his new best buddy! It was Ash-wee this, Ash-wee that. He had to hold Ash-wees hand, and wanted her to sit next to him. It was pretty stinkin' cute!

Friday during the day was spent at the pumpkin patch, where we got the biggest pumpkins we could carry (with two kids in tow, mind you). Josh had a blast playing in the bounce house, looking at all of the animals (pigs, cows, goats, chickens), and going to get a punkin (according to Josh). And even though he had an accident in the pumpkin patch, as we are just getting off of the tractor (long story) - we still had a lot of fun. Then that night, it was just a girls night out. We went to Tepanyaki's - which is a sushi bar, and I had never been to one before - so this was really a treat! It was a lot of fun and we actually tried sake! It was ok, but I've wanted to try that forever and now I can finally say that I have. I definitely want to go back!!

Saturday we went over to Park City to shop, and boy did we shop! It was so much fun to get out of the house and have it just be us girls (we took Madison with us, so she got the full shopping experience - and I think she liked it). We went into Park City to shop around, ate lunch, and then headed over to the outlet mall to do some more shopping. We got stuck in OshKosh (of course), Guess, and J Crew for a while. Then Maddie started to get a little fussy (which was the first time of the day), so we decided we should probably head back. We got home around 5 and Josh and Brad had dinner ready and waiting for us.

Ashlee left today, and everyone was sad to see her go. Josh started crying when she got out of the car at the airport, so I know he'll be talking about this for quite some time. So hopefully in the near future she will get to come back and we'll have even more fun! I had completely forgotten what is was like to spend time with a friend and be somewhat "normal" and not constantly a mommy! Ah, good times.

No comments: