10.07.2008

Carpet Shampooer

Well we finally gave in and bought a carpet shampooer! I didn't really want to spend the money to get one, but it's cheaper than replacing our carpet - so we finally have one of our own. Brad put it together last night, not too hard to do so. But the thing came with many, many steps on how to operate it. So I've been reading about it all day today. And it's a sad thing, but I can't wait to use it! It even has some attachments on it, so I could possibly clean the couch, futon, and maybe our kitchen chairs. Yay, more work for me - but I guess I want to do it.

Our carpets need a really good cleaning, and we had been borrowing Brad's parents' shampooer (I just like saying shamPOOer) - but since they haven't been down here this year, we haven't been able to that. Our carpets are getting really dirty from all of the sippy cup messes, Josh having (well, me too to be honest) his shoes all over the place, food, etc. So they need a deep clean. I don't want to have to replace this carpet, so we're going to try to keep it nice and keep it clean. Easier said than done with 2 young kids, but we're going to try.

And I will not bore you with a picture of the one we got. I'm resisting taking a picture of my new baby. How sad is that?

2 comments:

JennGoodley said...

a new carpet shampooer.....how much fun is that????? I just get to rent them from the store.... I do know that they are lots of fun to play with and they work really well..... I try the no shoes thing too but it never works. I think the dog brings most of the mess in anyways. but it is worth trying to keep your carpets nice

Anonymous said...

If you take one I will ..