10.28.2008

Lots of Stuff

Well a lot of stuff has happened in the last week. I hardly remember where I left off on my last post. So, I'll start with this...I had my candle party on Wednesday, and let's just say it didn't go too well. I feel bad for Anita (the candle lady) because she goes through all the trouble of setting up a date and time, showing up for the party and then hardly anyone comes. I invited 16 people and only 4 showed up. So I've decided that I'm not going to go through all of that work and just buy my candles when I want to buy them. No more parties. I say that every year, but then people start asking me when I'm having a party again - and this is the way it always goes. But thank you to the people that did make it, I appreciate it. But, no more parties.

In other news, Brad's parents were here this weekend. It was so nice to have family around, and to actually be around people that care about you and your kids! We had a great, fun-filled weekend, and I'm already wishing that they could come back. So it was a very nice weekend. They ended up getting here earlier on Friday than we had originally thought - but it was nice to visit with them a little before Brad got home from work.

On Saturday we went to the Dinosaur Park and Josh loved it even more this time than last. He kept saying, "look at THIS one, look at THAT one." I was a little nervous when we first got there because they had everything done up for Halloween, so I thought Josh might have gotten a little scared, but no. They had cobwebs, pumpkins, plastic bones, and body parts everywhere - so you could see how I was nervous. I mean, he is getting older, and starting to ask about more stuff. A couple of the dinosaurs had body parts in their mouths and Josh kept asking "what's this?" Of course, Grandpa answered by saying that it was chicken. And I guess that was enough for Josh, he just changed the subject and we moved on.

Sunday was spent hanging around the house and Brad's dad had a recipe for ribs - so we made that for our big dinner. It was delish!!! Then Deb and I headed off to the fabric store to look around. She saw some big sale ads, so off we went. I found some fabric for Brad that I'm going to use to make a blanket for him. This will be my big sewing adventure, so I'm a little nervous that it won't turn out - but I'm going to try. Deb walked me through how to do everything on the sly because I'm making this for him for Christmas. So hopefully he has no idea! Deb also got the sewing machine back on track and everything in tip top shape - so it will be good and ready for my sewing guinea pig. So to all of you out there that know how to sew, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Missa said...

good luck with the blanket!! i am sure it will turn out great!! hooray for sewing adventures

JennGoodley said...

Wow! sounds like a fun weekend. Glad Brad's parents came and shared in the fun. Have fun with your sewing adventure. Wish I had the patience for that stuff