10.14.2008

Thank Yous

It was a tough week last week and this weekend, but we got through it and there are a few people to thank for it. As most of you know Josh has been sick and is still feeling under the weather, but luckily Madison nor I got sick (thanks for the prayers). Madison has been a little crabby, but that could be attributed to anything really - teething, just being tired, or she might have had a slight case of what Josh had, but nothing major. So I need to first thank everyone who called and/or emailed to check in on us and see how we were doing.

Second, thank you Julia for bringing us cake and me dinner on Sunday night. That was the day it had snowed and I didn't think we should drive any where just to get out of the house. So thank you Julia - I really appreciate what you did for us. She also was kind enough to bring some lollipops for Josh and some apple juice, which were a complete lifesaver! She also came over to chat for a little while (sorry I talked your ear off Julia!), which I needed because after not talking to adults for two days face to face - it was a needed change.

Thank you very much to Brock and Arin (I don't think they read this blog, but they need to be mentioned). We bought a new couch yesterday (a sectional) and the company wasn't going to be able to deliver it until Saturday, and then we called customer service and they said they could get it here by Thursday. But even then, Thursday - almost an entire week without a couch. So Brad called up Brock, who has a truck and a trailer and they met up in Salt Lake (which he lives down in Lehi) and Brock and Arin (his wife) drove all the way up here and helped us unload the trailer, put together the couch, and then drove all the way home. And they have a newborn - one week old newborn to be exact! Plus, Brock just got a cast off of his arm due to a broken wrist. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Also a quick mention to my mom and Deb (MIL) who called me on Saturday and Sunday to make sure that I was doing ok. Thanks again to everyone who called or emailed, or left comments on this blog. I appreciate everyone for their thoughts and words of comfort. And thanks to those of you out there that were thinking of us.

Since we don't have any family in the area, we have to rely on a lot of great friends and I feel very blessed to know these people. So THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

JennGoodley said...

Yay! glad to hear you found a new couch and got it to your house and unloaded! that is great! I bet that is nice to have a new one. I am happy you and Brad found good friends to come and help you unload and put it together.