10.08.2008

The Bug Strikes Again - And Wins

Well I'm still taking care of a sick family member, but alas it's not Brad. Now Josh is sick. I feel bad for the guy, he's never really thrown up before. I mean, he's thrown up - but not like this. He spit up a little as a baby, and then maybe once or twice of real throwing up. Poor guy doesn't know what to do with himself. We've been up since about three this morning, so needless to say I'm a little tired. We changed his sheets the first time, thinking that it might be a one time thing. But no. We were wrong. Changed his jammies and bedding again, but decided we should bring him in bed with us. By this time it was 5 or so, so Brad just decided to get up for the day. Josh slept on and off with me, only getting up to throw up.

So he hasn't slept, I haven't slept, Brad hasn't slept. The only one that has slept is Maddie, and she only woke up once early this morning when we started the washer. She only needed the bink and then it was back to sleep. She didn't even wake up for the day until after 8, which is really unusual for her. Which I hope is not a sign of things to come.

My morning has been spent washing bedding (our and Josh's), washing dirty jammies, disinfecting anything I can think of, cleaning toys, and airing out rooms. I just pray that Maddie and I don't get sick. That would really not be good! Hopefully we're out of the woods, but you never know. So please send prayers (I'm not kidding) our way that we don't get this bug.

2 comments:

JennGoodley said...

uuuuhhh you have all my prayers.... what a horrible way to spend the night. Poor guy! Hopefully it is only a 24 hour bug and no one else gets it cause that sounds like it is not fun! Hope everyone is feeling better soon and no one else gets it.

Anonymous said...

I know it is a little late but you should try to keeo maddie in her room or at least don't let Josh in there. I hate sick kids