10.12.2008

Snow Day

Well, it snowed today. The news had been saying all day yesterday that it was going to snow, and I guess honestly I didn't believe them. It just rained yesterday, and it wasn't snowing when I went to bed. But when I woke up this morning, I looked outside hoping that it had snowed and it did. I do love the snow and I love seeing Josh play in the snow, but again, this just wasn't the perfect weekend to have it happen.

1. We weren't prepared for the snow. I don't have anything for Josh to wear. We never did buy him any snow pants last year, I can't find any of his stocking caps, and he doesn't have any warm boots to wear. Plus Maddie doesn't have anything to keep her (as Heidi said) cozy! And who isn't prepared for snow before Halloween? Of all things, I guess I'm just not a prepared person (SARcastic!).

2. Josh is still sick, so even though I really want to take him outside - it's probably not the best idea. Which I know there will a lot more opportunities for him to be outside when it's snowing, so I'm not too bummed.

3. I'm worried that Brad's flight might get delayed and if it's not - I worry about him making the drive from Salt Lake to our house. It's not too long of a drive, but it can be when it's been snowing and the roads are icy. Plus, it will be dark out.

4. We haven't taken the wheels and tires that we have on the Tahoe off. The ones that we have on there right now, aren't really made for snow. Which Brad was going to take care of that last weekend, but if anyone reads this you'll know that he was sick. So I kind of feel like I'm stuck at home, which really isn't true - but it still feels that way. I mean, if we really needed to go somewhere we could, but not just to get out of the house. Boo.

5. Our dog doesn't have a dog house yet. Poor doggie. I opened the door to the garage, but he refuses to go in there. So he's braving it out in the cold. Poor guy! Brad was also going to do that last weekend - but here we are. And these are in no particular order.

So yes, I do love the snow, just not right now. I think I'm still a little snowed out after last year. We got so much snow - it's the most snow I've ever seen. Brad was shoveling the driveway a few times a day at one point. Plus, having that much snow right after having a baby is not a good combination. It's pretty weird to see our Halloween decorations outside with the snow.

Well here are some pictures of the snow in our yard.



2 comments:

Missa said...

so did Brad make it home ok? Finn had to make do with last year's stuff to. He said his boots pinched his toes so we'll have to get some more soon I guess! I hope Josh feels better soon!!
(PS
I didn't mean you - hopefully you didn't think that I was picking on you! :)

JennGoodley said...

WOW! CRAP! i HATE the snow!!!!!!! I am glad you like it cause if it started snowing here now I would DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it I would rather stay home and watch it snow. I hate driving in Seattle in the snow no one here knows how to drive in it. Not that I am the expert but still they don't know what they are doing and it bugs me. I can't believe it is that cold already. Well I hope you all have fun in your snow! I will admire your pics from here.....