9.21.2008

The Zoo

Well we finally made it back to the zoo today. We've been wanting go since it has gotten a little cooler out (and I mean, a little). The last time we went was when our friends Corbin & Amy came to visit and it was like 100 degrees outside. But today was the perfect day to go. There were some clouds, but some sun as well, and it was cool enough where we could walk around and not get hot. It gets hot really fast when you're pushing a baby around in a stroller.

Josh loves going to the zoo, and the only animal that he wants to see are the Lions - even though they don't have lions at this zoo. But we got up close and personal with the tiger and I guess that was good enough for Josh. He also loves the monkeys, elephants, and rhinos. Those are just a few of his favorites. He kept saying to the animals "get out of there" and then he wanted to "get in there". My child is like a wild animal at times :) Maddie loved tagging along - even though she doesn't really look at any of the animals. She's just as content as can be being pushed around in the stroller watching Josh.

But there are two things that I'm really bummed about. One is that I forgot our camera yet again! I asked Brad if we could buy one of those disposable ones, but that idea was nixed! Boo. I wish that I had some pictures of Josh at the zoo because he looks so cute watching all of the animals. This is the second time I've forgotten it, and I'm really bummed! And the second is, is that I really love going to the zoo. I love the whole experience of it - getting the food, staying for hours, buying at least one little thing at the gift shop. But it's totally different for Brad. He doesn't mind going to the zoo, but he could do without all of that other stuff. So maybe if I get brave, I'll take the kids myself before it's gets too cold out - or maybe we'll go when his parents are here (that's a whole story in itself, so I'll post sometime later about that). But we'll see. That's just how I am I guess, I want the full experience! I'm like that with the fair, zoos, baseball games, etc. So hopefully we'll be able to make it back one more time before it gets too cold - even though we're crazy busy in October! If not, there's always next year.

2 comments:

Missa said...

We haven't yet gone with Cody to the zoo - because he is the same way as Brad and I am the same as you. I love spending time and shopping in the gift shop, etc.
I hope we can all go once this year as a family, but I know it could be somewhat frustrating to me for just that reason.
Try it alone - I bet you'll do great.

Finn doesn't care about the animals at all. All he talks about is the choo choo the entire time we are there. We went with my parents and were mere feet from the giraffe and he could care less - he just wanted to go on the choo choo. Burgundy seems to enjoy the animals though.

JennGoodley said...

Oh fun the zoo! I like the zoo. the last zoo like think i went to was in Vegas. it was steamy there so we didn't hang out too long we had fun watching the dolphins and baby tigers..... Yeah i like getting things at the gift shop but it is always so expensive and i have a hard time buying that stuff. glad you guys had fun though. I am always the one who forgets the camera! I think you would be able to handle just taking them on your own.....