9.29.2008

Brad Passed His Test

Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Brad passed his journeyman lineman test! I'm still in so much shock that I couldn't even keep my head on straight yesterday to write anything. This just opens up so many more possibilities for us - it's unreal. I am so happy. He took his test yesterday and I (well, we) had been on pins and needles the entire night. I know he didn't sleep very well, and I woke up when he did and couldn't get back to sleep. So the day dragged on and I was a nervous wreck - I couldn't eat anything, I felt sick to my stomach, etc. And when my phone rang at 11:30, I was really nervous. I almost didn't answer. But I'm glad that I did.

I'm so proud of him and he is such a good husband and father to our kids. He did an awesome job by passing this test. So now he is a journeyman lineman instead of an apprentice. He apprenticeship is finally complete. There will be no more training on Sundays and no more feeling like he has to work. It's awesome. It's a completely freeing feeling. He even gets a pay raise - which always helps! We went out to dinner last night to celebrate. It's wonderful! So here, here to Brad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you but I will be sad when you have to move. :<

JennGoodley said...

YEAH BRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew he would pass..... I am so happy for you both. What a great accomplishment. I bet you both feel very releived now and very proud. Congrats on the test and if you have to move it better be close to me =) =) =) no offense to your friends in Utah though.....