9.11.2008

We Painted Josh's Room

So I've been meaning to write a post about this for a while now, but we've finally painted Josh's room. Brad did it on Labor Day weekend, I just hadn't taken any pictures of it. I wanted to wait until I got a couple of things hung on the walls, his letters back up, etc. - but who knows when that is going to happen. We still haven't even finished Maddie's room yet - and she's 8 months. Oh well. It will happen, sometime.

I must admit, I really love the color blue that we painted in Josh's room. I love it more than the blue that is in our room. And I am a little jealous of Josh's room because I think it looks so much better than ours, so Brad came up with a suggestion only he and his dad would think of (since they hate painting so much) - that we'll just switch rooms. Josh could have our room, and Brad and I could be in his - which was shortly thereafter shot down. But maybe I'll get in a wacky mood and just repaint our room myself - ha, yeah right! But I love his blue - it's not a baby blue, but not a primary blue, but a blue/gray and it looks really good. And I don't know if you can tell by the pictures, but the top is blue and the bottom is a medium gray. I really like it, and it reminds us of the Seattle Seahawks colors - so now all we need is a little green in the room to make it complete. Brad wanted to get one of those huge FatHead stickers that you plaster on the wall (it's a sports thing), but they are too expensive - so we'll just stick with the original plan.

So for now, we have all of the rooms painted that we wanted to paint. We would love to have some of our kitchen painted or our living room - but we have those darn vaulted ceilings and it makes it hard to paint. We actually did have a couple people come out and give us a bid - but seeing as how we still have white walls, it was obviously too expensive! So now that we've completed our painting experiments on this house - we'll definitely know what to do and what not to do next time. But for our first painting experiences, I think everything has turned out pretty good.

Here are a few pictures of Josh's room and a few of Maddie's - for those of you who haven't seen it yet. And yes people, I know, it's pink. We're eventually (who knows when it's going to happen due to my husband) going to put up a chair rail in the kids' bedrooms (that's why we did the half wall thing) and if Brad gets a wild hair - he might do crown molding, but I'm not holding my breath!

2 comments:

JennGoodley said...

WOW! how fun! I wish you lived here! I have tons of freinds who LOVE to paint.... they would paint whatever you wanted to be painted. We have redone kitchens and bathrooms and taken them down to nothing and rebuilt them. I think both rooms look great! One day maybe you will get your room re-painted. I will keep my fingers crossed......

Anonymous said...

I work at Fathead and saw your blog through a google alert...how could I help get that Fathead on the wall?