9.20.2008

Love the Rain

Ahhh, it's raining today (well a little rain anyways). I love this weather. Not every day, but I like it from time to time. Moving from the Oregon area to Utah has been pretty hard to adjust to. I'm not used it (it's only been 4 years now - ha) being really hot in the summer and really cold in winter months. It's nice to actually live in an area that has a spring and a fall. My ideal weather would be 65-70 degrees, just enough to wear jeans and a t-shirt!

What is nice here are the thunderstorms. I love hearing the thunder, and have never heard thunder as loud and as long, as it is here. When we lived in Oregon, we lived near the coast - so it rained all of the time. I'm not joking. All the time. I used to joke with Brad that they didn't really ever need to do a weather report, because it was always rain. Rain in the morning, rain in the evening. Rain. Rain is nice and it makes trees and plants really, really green - but it gets a little depressing after a while. I really do miss the green trees. But you take what you can get. Just missing the rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love our thunderstorms here. They used to be so cool in SLC you could watch them roll across the valley it was so cool. One time we watched the airplanes and a huge thundercloud. You could basically here the pilot asking the tower.."hey you think we can turn in front of this cloud to go to the airport that thing looks nasty?" "Negative ghostrider the pattern is full" he hee. Sorry just came to me. :> A fellow northwesterner with webbed feet who is drying out

JennGoodley said...

ha ha ha well maybe we should switch???? you think??? I love the hot weather my ideal is like 90-100 degrees.... Here in Seattle it has been cold and rainy the last two days!!!! YUCK! I love the Tri-Cities weather with the exception of the wind. I HATE THE WIND! but i love the warm weather it makes me =) =) I don't like the cold and i have a feeling here in Seattle our summer is over and the fall is here with our rainy days! I love thunder and lightning it is the best. This year we had some pretty nasty thunder and lightning one night it was so loud it woke us up at like 3am and it was shaking our walls.....FABULOUS! I love the fall because of the colors and the smell of the fall. Oregon has a great fall season. I loved it when I lived in Beaverton and Hillsboro. But still don't like the cold.......

Missa said...

I have also spent the last half dozen years trying to adjust. I remembered just this summer that in Illinois, n the off ramps and things like that - places other than people's yards, the grass is always green. It's never dead and brown like it is here most of the time.

The thunderstorms are cool here - but not all that different from Chicago ones - except - you can't SEE the rain in Chicago. Like here you can look across the valley and see where it is raining, that's pretty cool to me. But it has only once, to my recollection, since being here rained ALL DAY. I miss it just being a rainy day. So I was also enjoying the rain.

One other difference I just thought of, you don't see tumbleweeds in Chicago. When I first moved here and saw one blow across my front yard I laughed for about 10 minutes. I thought those were only in the "old west" I guess, or just out in the extreme desert. I still laugh every time I see one - much to Cody's delight.