9.14.2008

You Gotta Love Kids

So we had another incident today - one that will go down in the history book of having kids. I've posted before about Josh getting into some lotion and pouring it all over our family room carpet - see past post. But I must say this takes the cake - but is SO much easier to clean up! I tried to take some pictures and I will post those - but they just don't do this justice :) It made me laugh my butt off, so no getting mad this time.

So I had put Josh to bed, fed Maddie, and then put her to bed - so I thought I was in the clear to make myself some lunch. Well, I'm sitting there eating my sandwich and all of a sudden I taste baby powder in my mouth. And I'm like, ok - baby powder - where is this coming from. Why do I taste baby powder. Not even 5 minutes later, Josh is pounding on his door and I'm thinking ok, he's supposed to be sleeping, what in the world is he doing in there? So, I go to investigate. And let's just say I know what my son wants to be for Halloween! A ghost.

He was covered in baby powder! Covered. I walked in, and he says to me "mom (he says mom now, not mommy) I cleaning, I wiping, I cleaning" and all I see is baby powder. The air is thick with baby powder! There was baby powder all over the floor, his bed, his dresser, everywhere. Everywhere. And I'm not talking a light dusting - I'm talking an inch (or what seemed like) an inch thick.

Here are a few of the pictures before I tried cleaning this mess up. His belt is brown, but looks tan. And it's hard to see, but it's all over his walls and his bed. But this definitely does not compare to Julia's story with Abbi and the vasoline :)


Update:
After I started cleaning this mess up, I realized that it's harder to clean baby powder up than I thought. There were huge piles in the carpet - I had to put the vacuum cleaner on it's lowest setting to get most of it up. Josh actually put the powder in his wipe container - which I just threw away because it was all garbage. The wipes combined with the powder made this white goop. Yes, goop. I also had to take a picture of the vacuum, and I have no idea how I'm going to get all of the baby powder out of it. Brad said that when I was vacuuming it was a white dust cloud in all of our rooms. Yuck. And now Josh is all stuffy and it's probably due to all of this powder. Powder. Powder. Powder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you were sitting on the porch yesterday. I am glad you are able to laugh about it. I think it is so cute Josh said he was wiping and cleaning. They get so big so fast. You should use that cleaning bug to help you elsewhere. I know you will just do it over but he will feel empowered and learn to do it the right way. A good one to start with is cleaing the doorknobs. His height and can use baby wipes (that don't have baby powder)
:>

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

http://jonesurbanfarm.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/wait-a-minute-its-too-quite/


you're not the only one, Check it out!

JennGoodley said...

WOW! that is amazing powder everywhere!!!!! it is a little funny, but i can understand cleaning up the mess but it is one of those things you just have to kinda laugh at when they aren't looking.......What a mess!