9.01.2008

29th Birthday

Well yesterday was my birthday. At first it started out like every other day. Get up, feed the kids, do a little cleaning, take a shower, etc. But it was a really good day! Not that those other days are horrible, they're just normal - nothing eventful, unless Josh decides to get near the lotion again - ha! So Brad kept asking me, "what do you want to do? what do you want to do?" and I replied by saying, "oh, I don't know." And what we did end up doing is not huge, but it was big for us because we haven't it done this for a long time. No it's not sex. Ha.

We went out to dinner...with the kids. Josh can be, well a kid, and it is hard for us to enjoy our meal. But Brad said that we should try it again, and I'm so glad that we did. We had a great time, good conversation, and an excellent meal. Both kids (especially Maddie - which I never have to worry about her) did really well. We got to the restaraunt early enough, that there was hardly anyone there - perfect! Our waitress was really nice and fast, and the food - oh the food. We went to Red Lobster and I had a nice pasta dish - it's my new favorite and a Sangria. Oh, it was so good. I've been craving fried zucchini (from Red Robin) and this pasta dish. We actually got to enjoy our meal, and then Brad got me a birthday cake! Oh, how I love cake. It was so sweet and I just had a really awesome day.

3 comments:

Missa said...

cute pic!! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday and got to enjoy a meal out! you just gotta keep trying and finally one day you are pleasantly surprised - good job! hooray for good kids!

mrsv said...

Happy late birthday! Sorry I missed it.

JennGoodley said...

Sounds like you had a nice dinner out with the whole fam....practice makes perfect. Hopefully you will get to do that more often