9.30.2008

Chuck E. Cheese's

So yesterday we went to Chuck E. Cheese's with our neighbor, Julia, and her kids. There is one that just opened up by our house and we thought we'd check it out. No driving down to Salt Lake! :) And let me just tell you, we had a blast! A Blast! Everyone. I haven't been to a Chuck E. Cheese's since I was little and then as I got older and after having kids I heard about those nasty ball pits that have really gross stuff in them. So I was a little leary to go, but Julia assured me that there were no ball pits in the new ones - so, phew!

We got there a little after 10am, so there was hardly anyone in the place. So that was really nice. And the set up just makes sense and works awesome for younger kids. I had a coupon (love coupons) for 100 tokens for $10. Not bad. Abbi and Josh each got 50 tokens each and that lasted us almost 2 1/2 hours! The kids had so much fun just running around and playing the little games. Josh was so excited about a helicopter game, there was a big jeep that he could ride on, and he loved the bouncy ball game. And this was before he even knew he won tickets. He was really excited about that part. And it's nice too because, well for one it's brand new - so everything is super clean; the set up of the place - I just love; and they have ticket counting machines, so you don't have to do it yourself. I know, like I've said before, the little things get me going! So at the end of our time, we cashed in the tickets (250 mind you) and Josh got a little frog, a big bouncy ball (like a 4-square, that's right I said 4-square, ball), and a lollipop. Just little things, but I think it's a good deal for 10 bucks. So here are a few pics from our day. Fun, fun, fun! We can't wait to go back. Thanks Julia!
Here is Josh riding the big horse! He loved it!

Josh playing with the big bouncy ball game. Abbi was really lucky on this game!

Josh on the safari jeep and then below, taking Abbi out for a spin. I love that they're both dressed in yellow! Too cute!

1 comment:

JennGoodley said...

WOW! i love chuck E cheese! so much fun.... I mean for the little ones. Nice that it was brand new and clean. I remember taking my friend's kids there all the time in beaverton. DON'T GO THERE! that one is NASTY! my brother used to work at the one in the tri-cities.... and that one is better but i get what you are saying it is kinda gross if you think about it and the food was never that great. looks like you had a blast! In seattle you can't go in one unless you are 18 or older or have an adult with you did you know that???? i found that out the other day when my friend's kid who is 16 is looking for a job. maybe they are trying to clean them up...