4.28.2009

Brad's Work

Well I probably shouldn't go into too much detail (you never know who is reading what), but if anyone wants to know all of it, then you can call me and I'll gladly let you in on everything.

Update:
I've read, re-read and re-written this post so many times. What I don't want to happen is to have my blog get Brad into trouble at work. So if anyone wants to know full details, I can email you - so sorry for the secrecy.

Brad was involved in an accident at work on Josh's birthday. Long story short, Brad was trapped in a backhoe and could have died! (details if you want them) It was very scary and I'm so thankful that he made it out alive and unharmed.

Again, long story short - Brad has been on Administrative Leave (paid) until the company could investigate and figure out what the punishment (if any) would be. Well that was 12 days ago - 7 working days. So we've been on one heck of a roller coaster of a ride. We've been stressed about the uncertainty of our future, and about not knowing what punishment was going to be dealt out. I just want to know what is going to happen. We can deal with what ever they throw at us, as long as we know what it is. If he is going to get fired, then we can deal with it - and Brad can find a new job. If he doesn't get fired, even better - but this whole hanging in limbo is just killing us.

Update:
Brad got home yesterday at about 3pm - and the final verdict is 30 days off UNPAID! Thirty days. I am still in shock. And yes, it could be worse - but that's 2 full paychecks that we'll be missing out on. Luckily we still have a lot in our savings to cover a full month of bills, groceries, car payments, gas, and still have some left over - but it's still going to be a shock.

5 comments:

Jill and Lonnie said...

Umm, details . . . send me an email or maybe just call me . . .

Missa said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe that! I am glad you guys are ok financially, that is rough. I'm just glad he still has his job and everyone is ok! Let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

now i see why you wanted to private the blog but i think this should be good no details.

Holly Lynn Hoogendyk said...

shit adrienne! I'm glad brad is okay. I'm on vacation seeing my little sis in new mexico, but I'll call you when I get back and get the scoop. Glad you have that savings!
Miss you!

Silver lining you know... at least you get the next month with your hubby (with out him being laid up from a torn up knee)

Holly Lynn Hoogendyk said...

oops that last comment was from Jen. I forgot this computer was signed in for my sis!