4.27.2009

This and That

I figured I should probably post something, since it's been a little while since I did. It seems like we've been busy, but then again it doesn't. A lot has been going on with Brad's work, but I can't post anything on that yet - it still isn't resolved yet.

So last week we had the doctor's appointments, which I already wrote about. Josh had school on Tuesday and Thursday, which is going a lot better now that I've had a talk with his teacher. I will also have to write another post on that, because it's a REALLY long story.

Wednesday I went to get a WA state driver's license. And I hate going to the DMV, but it had to be done. It was a pain in the butt because they had me in their system under my maiden name, and it was taking some time to get things switched over. I almost had to take another test. Yikes! So now the only thing left to do is get Brad's car switched over to WA plates, and it will be complete. We'll finally be WA residents again.

Josh had bike day at school on Thursday, in which all of the kids brought their bikes, trikes, or scooters to ride. I was a little worried at first because we just got Josh a bike for his birthday and he hadn't been riding it that much before this bike day. He did get on it a couple of times, but for no longer than 10 minutes each time. He can ride in our driveway, but it's not very big - we have gravel going from the road and up to our driveway. But to my surprise (as usual), he did great. The teacher told me that he didn't get off of his bike the entire time. And when I went to go pick him up, he didn't want to leave. The other assistants had spray painted a "road" on the cement track, so the kids loved that.

Friday we spent the day with Brad's cousin and her little boy. We went to the park, which is in a perfect location - not too close to the parking lot with lots of room for the kids to run. Everyone came back to our house for lunch and then Brad's uncle and aunt stopped by as well. It was good to see them and I'm really glad that we've moved closer to family. This is what I've always wanted.

Sunday we went to Tri-Cities again to drop Brad's dad's truck off. Brad had borrowed it earlier in the week to build a workbench and pull some dead trees around the yard. It was sunny (a little windy), but nice weather and Josh didn't want to leave. Someday he'll spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Well that's all for now. This week is going to be a little busy, but hopefully not too bad. I've already accomplished vacuuming, sweeping and mopping all of the tile (quite a hefty job), dusting and doing a little laundry. I'm beat!

Mental note: post about Josh's school and Brad's job.

No comments: