4.20.2009

Doctor's Appointments

Today we headed down to Tri-Cities because both of the kids had doctor's appointments. Maddie had her 15-month (only a month late) and Josh had his 4 year appointment. Josh is still so little, weighing in at only 30 pounds and he was 38.25 inches tall. Maddie weighed 19 lbs, 12 oz. and was 29.5 inches long. Josh weighed 19 lbs, 3.5oz at his 15-month appointment, so she is still outweighing him. Maddie had to get one shot and we had the option to do Josh's booster shots for Kindergarten or to wait until next year, and I said let's wait. Just the thought that Josh will be in Kindergarten next year blows my mind. It's so crazy, but it will be good for both of us.

After we did the doctor's appointments we headed to the park so the kids could play since it was 80 degrees outside!!! The sun was shining and it was hot. I dressed both kids in short sleeved shirts and pants, and myself the same, because I guess I just didn't believe it was going to be as hot as it was. But hot it was - I actually got a little sunburn on my arms and so did Maddie (again, not prepared). But the kids, Grandma, Brad's sister and our niece had a blast. At the park they also have this water area where they have sprinklers and spouts that shoot out water - and thankfully I packed an extra set of clothes for both kids, because they wanted to play in it and they were drenched! I wish I'd had the camera. Maddie was completely fearless - playing with kids twice her size and running through the water. It was really cute (and scary) to watch.

After that we had some lunch, went to Grandma's house to unwind a little and then we headed home. Thankfully the kids both slept most of the way home, so it worked out great. A beautiful, fun-filled day.

1 comment:

haikitay said...

I can't believe Josh is a year ahead of Brady in school. We have a whole nother year to wait out.