3.31.2009

Small Trip

Today we made a trip down to Tri-Cities. The main reason behind the trip was to get the Tahoe cleaned and detailed - it was a mess. But also we went to see Grandma and the kids got a huge treat of being able to see Grandpa too - which was not planned.

We left the house this morning at 9:15, so I could stop and get a coffee (which I desperately needed since Josh was up from 3:30-5am) and then be into town by 11. I dropped my car off and my mother in law picked us up, I transferred car seats and then we headed to the mall for some food and play time. I was able to do a little shopping by myself - thank the heavens! Then we headed to my in-laws' house and the kids played there and ate and had cookies - thanks Grandma!

It was a really long day for us - especially since the detailing took almost 5 1/2 hours (but the Tahoe is spotless and looks brand new, so it could've taken all day for all I care). But the kids did great. I was worried about how they'd do, with no naps and all - but much to my surprise they did awesome. Maddie slept a little on the way down, but didn't show any hints of getting crabby until right before we left.

Josh kept saying that he wanted to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but I'm not sure anyone is ready for that yet :) So we left at 5:15 and got home at 6:45 - so a really long day - but now I'm looking forward to doing it again because today was great. And of course the kids fell asleep as soon as we were on the freeway! I wish that I could have taken a picture of what they looked like. Grandma had given Josh a cookie to eat on the way home (what I was thinking after all it took to get the car clean, who knows?) and he fell asleep with it still in his mouth. Too funny.

But we're home now, after being gone for 9 hours. I gave the kids a bath when we got home, and now I know I can do this by myself if I have to. Brad is working late again, so I'm all on my own - but I'm doing it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you forgot the most important part..What did you BUY?

Missa said...

awake from 330-5? yikes!
glad you guys had a great day though! yeah I want to know what you bought too!

joshnmaddiesmum said...

I bought 3 shirts - I wasn't on a shopping spree or anything :) But I had a gift certificate and a coupon. So I ended up getting 3 shirts for $11! Nice

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

my munchkins know that when mom does the bath it's a "super-fast-bath" my motto is "get in, get clean, get out!"

You should really let josh spend the night... it's so nice to be down to only one kiddo for a day. The one on one time is great! Plus you'll have more patience for josh when he gets back home!

If gma and gpa are ready that is

miss you!