3.10.2009

We're late, we're late

For a very important date. But seriously, we're ALWAYS late. I hate it. I hate. being. late. And it never fails. No matter how much planning I do, no matter how early I get ready, or get the kids ready for that matter - we're always late. One excuse that I will use, is that I haven't really figured out how long it takes to get places. Especially living where we do, and there being a lot of big trucks on our route to, let's see - anywhere. But that's the only excuse that I will use.

For instance, this morning - I wanted to leave the house by 8:45 to get Josh to school by 9. I'm ready, Maddie is ready, Josh is ready - and we're about to walk out the door. Then Josh tells me that he has to go pee, and then it turns into #2. ERrrr! I'm glad that he went before school, but why, oh why do we have to cut everything so close. It never fails. Most of the time, it's Maddie having a poopy diaper, Josh can't find his shoes, I can't find my purse, etc. I'm always losing something. But last night, I got everything ready ahead of time - put my purse on the coat rack by the garage door, picked out Josh and Maddie's clothes, and had everything else that we needed by the door. I also got up earlier than normal to get in the shower and to get ready. But we were still late. I just hate having that rushed feeling, and I don't like the kids to see me getting rushed, or me rushing them. So tomorrow I'm going to start the getting ready to walk out the door process 30 minutes before we have to leave, instead of 15. We'll see how that works out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now you know why I am always early to everything and end up waiting in the parking lot. I also hate being late it is one of my major peeves as a mom. For the record it isn't other people being late just me. :>