3.18.2009

Josh and School

Well today was parent/teacher conferences. I had two of them since Josh was going to 2 schools. The first was at the new school, and that one went well and everything seems to be right on track. The second one was a little more substantial - since it's through the school system. Josh has been doing speech therapy for a little over a year now, and the progress has been tremendous! So with his birthday coming up, and I know I've mentioned this before - but they had to re-evaluate him.

So that was done last Wednesday and I am happy to report that he no longer qualifies for services! I have to keep telling myself that this IS a good thing, but I just absolutely adore his teacher and the speech therapist. So it was a little hard telling them goodbye - and I feel a little sad for Josh because he doesn't really understand that he's not going back. Just the other day when he walked into the class he asked, "where are my boys?" It was too cute. They said that we'll see how it goes next week, but maybe if he wants to come in and say goodbye we could - but we'll see.

But some other good news is that we're at the top of the list for next school year - so he'll have a guaranteed spot in the tuition-based slots. So that makes me feel a lot better. And the speech therapist also works with kids in the 4 year old program so she can look in on him from time to time. I feel good. The teacher, speech therapist and school psychologist all say that his teacher next year is a really good teacher and it will be a good fit for him. And also with him staying with the school system, it will be easier for them to place him with the right teacher for kindergarten. So it's all working out in the end. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo that is awesome