3.06.2009

Sick and Tired

I'm so sick and tired of things breaking around here or needing to be replaced. It just seems like it's been a lot of stuff within the last month, and with all of the stuff that we've already purchased for the new house - it feels like we're spending money left and right.

First it was our vacuum cleaner - somehow the filter got thrown away. I don't know if I did it (which I must have been having a dumb moment) or if one of the kids got it. The point is, it got thrown away. Now we can't use the vacuum without the filter - the canister won't fit into it's spot. We looked at various stores to buy one, and no luck. So I got online and ordered 2 of them, just in case it happened again. Well I put my order in on the 23rd, and STILL have not gotten them yet. Long story short on this - I called, they got everything worked out, but I still might not have it until next Friday. Crap.

Second is our camera. Not a huge deal on this, we just need to buy a new battery. I've been trying to charge the battery, but it won't hold a charge, so I still need to do that. Another $40 later.

Third is the microwave light. Again, not a huge deal - but it's still really annoying. We do have a lot of light, but both of the smaller burners are in the back. And it still makes it hard to see back there, even with all of the light. So now we need to go buy another light for that (hopefully we can find it in some store, because I haven't had much luck ordering parts online lately) and another turn table. The one that's in there now is too small.

Forth is our printer. Now, I guess this one doesn't really count because the problem has been resolved - but it took a while, so I'm going to put it down. In the move, we somehow lost the printer power cord and the AC adapter. Couldn't find it. We looked everywhere we thought it would be, and no luck. So I had to call Hp to get both of those ordered. If I had needed to order those - it would have been about $60 with shipping and tax. So for another $20 or so we probably could have just purchased a brand new printer - but there was nothing wrong with this one. So again - long story short on this - I had wanted Brad to hang the kids' pictures in the hallway like we had in Utah, and lo and behold - the power cord was in that box. Why was the power cord to the printer in a box with all of our pictures? Who knows. All I know is that I didn't pack that box, but I know who did. Frustrating.

No comments: