1.05.2009

House Hunting

Dun, dun, dun...well there hasn't really been too much of it happening. Brad has been working a TON lately (and when I say ton - I mean he just worked 40 hours straight over the weekend!!!), so there hasn't been too many opportunities for us to go and look. We've been looking a lot online and finding some, but you just don't know until you actually look at the house in person.

We thought we had found a great house, it was a rambler, 2200 sq. ft. on 2 acres. It had 4 bedrooms plus an office/den. It had all hardwood floors and was brand new, but after we got the inspection done we changed our minds! We actually did put an offer in and it was accepted, but the inspection and just plain thinking things through kind of changed our minds a little. Today, we decided to retract our offer and start from square one again. But it's ok, and we feel that we've made the right decision. The inspector found a lot of stuff wrong underneath the house, it was just a bad drywall job, and the jetted tub in the master bath and the kitchen sink were just set in the space and not anchored down! Oh well. It was well worth the $300 to have the inspection done. Better to be safe than sorry!

So now the hunting begins again. I think we're (and when I say that I mean Brad) going to have to compromise a little bit more than we thought. It just hard to find a house with a lot of property any more these days in our price range. And the houses that we have found that have property just need a lot of work (i.e. new carpet, new kitchen etc). But I have found a few more promising houses, so we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

I want to see them! Email me the MLS numbers! I'm so excited for you!