1.27.2009

Good News

Well we've got some good news to share with everyone! We FINALLY found a house. Finally. We did the final walk through today and we sign the paperwork tomorrow. I can't believe that I don't feel more like jumping up and down for joy - but I think that I'm just too damn tired at this point. It's been a long haul looking for houses, doing 2 inspections, getting our hopes up on another house, having that fall through, and getting frustrated that we couldn't find a house that we could both agree on.

The house is basically a one story house with a bonus room above the garage. It is a little over 2700 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and one half bath, separate laundry room (yes!), nice sized kitchen, jetted tub and separate shower in master bath, and it sits on 2.25 acres with views of Mt. Rainier and Mt. Adams! It's pretty nice. We're having them (we bought it from the builder directly) re-paint the inside because the colors are pretty bad. So hopefully they'll get that started this weekend and we can move in by Valentine's Day. Yipee. And probably one of the best parts about the house is that it's only 15 minutes away from Brad's work. Holy crap! That will be the closest Brad will have ever been to home. So instead of getting up and leaving by 6 and getting home at 6, he'll be able to sleep in (and help me in the morning) and leave by 7:30 and be home by 5! Crazy.

I'll be sending/posting pics once we get settled and they re-paint. I can't believe it's finally happening. I can't wait to be in our own space again, but wouldn't have traded this time with Brad's parents for the world. Yes it's been stressful, but it's been worth it. The time that my kids have had to bond with their grandparents is priceless!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So its in yakima? MLS # please and we can look at it :>

Missa said...

that is so great!! congratulations!! do post pictures as soon as you can!

JennGoodley said...

WOW!!! that is so great! I am so so happy you guys found a house. what a relief i bet. you guys will have your own place again. i am so excited for you guys. yeah so it is in Yakima???? let me know, next time i go home to see my parents maybe we can come and see you guys too.....i have to drive through there on the way. please do post pics cause i wanna see.....