6.02.2009

Sleepover

Well we've been going to Tri-Cities a lot lately to visit Grandma and Grandpa, and just to give us something to do. And every time that we leave, Josh wants to spend the night and throws a fit when we have to get him in the car. So the kids and I headed down there to visit on Friday, and we had planned to have Josh spend Friday night with G and G (sorry, I'm sick of writing Grandma and Grandpa, so G&G it is) and we would see how it went and go from there. Well it was a perfect weekend to do it because of Brad being on-call. My friend Ashlee was also coming down from Seattle to visit and stay Saturday night and leave on Sunday.

So I kept asking Josh on Friday before Maddie and I left if he really wanted to stay with G&G, and he kept reassuring me that yes, this is what he wanted to do. I told him that mommy and Maddie were going to the yellow house, and that he would be staying there - and his reply to me was "bye mom, you go to the yellow house". Maddie and I stayed a little bit longer and finally hit the road by 6pm. And Josh was fully content with staying with G&G and got so excited! I called when Maddie and I made it home and Josh was doing fine. Erica, his cousin, came over to play that night on the slip-n-slide that we had bought for him. I gave Maddie a bath, put her to bed, got on the internet and watched a movie by myself. Brad was working, Josh was with G&G, and Maddie was sleeping - it was a little lonely.


So Saturday rolled around, I called in the morning to see if everything had gone smoothly at night - no accidents, no wanting to come home at 2am (which worried me the most, since we're an hour and 30 minutes away) and he slept as well as any 4 year old could. He did wake up early, but that is nothing new with Josh. Whenever I talked with Brad's mom, I kept telling her that we'd play it by ear and see how the rest of the day went. Josh actually took a nap with Grandpa and was helping out around their house, played with his slip-n-slide some more, went to the store, and had a blast! I called again in the evening, and Josh was again playing with Erica, and didn't really even want to talk to me :( But it was good that he had so much fun.


He didn't even want to come home on Sunday. G&G kept asking him, don't you want to go home to the yellow house and see mommy, daddy and Maddie? And he said that he didn't want to, he just wanted to stay with G&G. That was really heartbreaking!!! It was so sad to know that he didn't want to come home. We've had a few moments of weepiness since yesterday - with him saying that he missed G&G. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to call them, and he just said "no, I'm too upset". Oohh! Sad. But hopefully with him going to school tomorrow and Grandma coming up on Wednesday, we'll get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

Jill and Lonnie said...

That's so cute that he's so comfy with G&G. I can only hope that someday McKayla will be able to do something like that. I think we have to work on sleeping through the nigh, though!