6.04.2009

My Weekend

*These are out of order, sorry*

Ok, so from the past posts everyone knows that Josh stayed with G&G and it was basically just Maddie and I at home. Well my friend Ashlee came into town from Seattle on Saturday afternoon. It worked out perfectly (liked I've said before) because her boyfriend was out of town and Brad was working all weekend, and I only had one child to watch. So we hung out and talked until Maddie woke up. We talked some more until dinner time. Brad actually came home around 5:30, and we all ate tacos together. Then just the girls went to col.dst.one to get ice cream (can you say, yummy?), and that was an adventure in itself! Long story short, the ice cream melted really fast and you had to be there to appreciate any of it. Then I put Maddie to bed, and Ashlee and I rented a movie.

The next day we had a really good breakfast and by lunch it was time for her to leave. It was just great being able to hang out with her again and to have some girl talk again. I miss that! Ashlee and I have been friends since the 5th grade, and she is one of those people that we don't talk nearly enough - but when we do get together it's like we haven't skipped a beat.

We already have plans to see each other at least twice (I hope) before my birthday. And then for my birthday I'm going up to Seattle to spend the weekend up there with Ashlee. We've got a few things planned like pedicures and shopping, but mostly it will just be nice to get away for a two nights and be with a great friend!

1 comment:

Missa said...

sounds like a lot of fun! wish I could hang out with some of my old friends like that.

glad you guys had a fun time - and have more fun times planned! you deserve it!