6.11.2009

Josh's Hearing

Ever since Memorial Day weekend, Josh has been having problems hearing us. He got a little sick right after our camping trip and was pretty congested, so I attributed him just being plugged up to not hearing us. Well it kept going on, and I was really beginning to wonder - what the heck? And it wasn't just that he wasn't listening. He did the usual, what? what? But then it started turning into him saying, "Mommy, I can't hear you." And then, he started turning his head to the sides and sometimes putting his hand to his hear like he was trying to get water out of his ear. Or has Heidi said, trying to unplug it. He hasn't had a fever, and isn't' complaining that his ears hurt. But I wanted him to see a doctor just to make sure. Well we found a doctor up here (which is another story in itself, and I won't even get into that now) and she said that she didn't see any fluid in his ears or wax build-up. His ears to her just looked red and irritated. So we got a referral to have him do a hearing test - which is scheduled for Monday at 9:30.

I'm so confused about all of this. Why all of a sudden would he not be hearing us when there is no wax build-up or fluid to suggest an ear infection? It's a little scary and I hope it nothing, but the closer this gets the more nervous I'm getting. It's one thing for him to not be listening, but for him to actually say - mommy I can't hear you?!? What if he ears are permanently damaged? What caused the damage? Ok, I can't think about it like that - we'll just go and get through the hearing test (which, hopefully Josh will cooperate with) and go from there. That's all we can do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

positive thoughts coming your way. God luck on monday.