6.11.2009

Josh's Last Day of Preschool

Well today was Josh's last day of preschool. It was a fun day. Since it was the last day of school, parents were encouraged to come, so Grandma came up to watch Maddie so that Josh and I could have some one-on-one time, which we really needed. We headed over to school, and it was so fun to watch him run around with all of his little buddies and play and just have fun period! They played inside on the trampoline (the school is also a gym for gymnastics classes and such) and ran around on the mats for a while. Then we went outside to play on the toys out there. Josh played basketball and "fed" me ice cream (wood chips) for breakfast - now that's my kind of breakfast. And then the was another area set up with 2 bounce houses, so the kids played in those. After that, we went inside to do a three-legged race, and play with the parachute. And finally, it was time to eat. It was a good day!

Hopefully next school year, we'll be able to make it all the way through without having to move! It will be nice for me to be able to get to know the other parents and the other kids. Everyone here already knew each other, and I didn't really get to meet many of the other parents. I also made a fruit bowl, which no one even touched - talk about feeling like I was in high school again. But alas, it was not about me - it was about Josh and he had a great day. I just wish I would have thought about bringing the teachers flowers or a card, but there is always next year.

It's going to be a long summer, but hopefully it will go by fast. We've got a few mini trips planned with the kids and without. So it does look like our weekends are starting to fill up. We'll probably go camping with Grandma and Grandpa, Josh is going to 2 summer camps this year, Brad and I have our anniversary coming up (which we are taking a trip finally), Brad and I want to take the kids to Seattle to the zoo, I have my birthday coming up - which I'll be going to Seattle then as well, and my mom and sister want to plan a trip too. So, like I said, our weekends are really starting to fill up! So maybe it won't be such a long summer after all.

1 comment:

Missa said...

I know what you mean about meeting other mom's. I tried to make a playdate with one of the boy's in Finn's class and the mom said, ok you can just drop him off and come get him after an hour or so. Hmmm. I was hoping to make a new friend, but I guess she wasn't.

How did the hearing test go?