5.20.2009

Two Accomplishments

We've (and when I say we've, I mean the kids) have gotten through 2 big accomplishments in the last few days.

One is that Josh is now fully potty trained. We had been putting Josh in diapers for bedtimes (nap and at nighttime), mainly because we were lazy. I didn't want to deal with the bed-wetting, getting up in the middle of the night again, and washing sheets, comforters and whatever else got wet. I know, it was just plain and simple laziness. He had been dry during naps, so those went first and then he'd been dry for a while at nighttime too. So, we figured there was no better time to do it then now - with Brad being home and all. And I'm proud to say that Josh is now fully potty trained. He had been going without a diaper for a while now during his naps, but just last week we started putting him in underwear at night too. And yes, he did have a few accidents - but I think those are over (but of course, I just jinxed myself and he'll pee in his bed tonight). So yay!

The second is that Maddie is off the bottle! Whahoo!! I was sick of the mess with bottles. The ones that she had been using were starting to leak and then she'd carry them all over the place upside down - ugh, what a mess! So I threw all of them away, and now she is on sippy cups. She's not drinking quite as much milk as she was before, but I don't think she's really noticed that she isn't getting a bottle anymore. Now, if we can just get rid of the binkie...yeah, right! Baby steps, baby steps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Way to go, Josh! -Dawnell

Unknown said...

very cool now just don't forget to have him go potty before bedtime.

Missa said...

awesome! 3 days ago i put Burgundy down for her nap without her bottle, she kind of looked at me like, wait, did we forget something? but she was fine (thankfully she has only been having a bottle at nap and bed time - and I hate to lose it because it was nice mommy and me time, but I guess it's gotta go sometime!), so it's been 3 days of no bottle for us too! I haven't brought myself to throw them away yet, I guess I should!