5.06.2009

I'm on Strike!

Well as my fac.eboo.k page states "I'm on strike". As most of you know, Brad has been home for a while now, and things are starting to get a little testy! We are T minus 20 days until he goes back to work, and so far our total fight count is 2. And I'm not talking 2 little ones, no it's been 2 huge fights.

It's frustrating on both ends. Now that he's home, he knows what I go through EVERY day! I do all the cooking, cleaning, mopping, sweeping, laundry, dishes, taking care of the bills, balancing the checkbook, and that doesn't even include taking care of 2 kids.

So today, we had a fight because he is off helping a friend build a fence. Yes, it's good because it keeps him busy. Yes, you should always help friends. But what he says to me is, "don't get too used to me being home" - ok, well I won't. And since when has he ever taken care of both kids, and kept up everything I do? Umm...let's think, never! Men, just don't get it sometimes. And sometimes I wonder - what would it be like to be a daddy? Oh, so easy. From where I stand, it's go to work, come home and maybe help out a little while I make dinner. And I'm a stay-at-home mom. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like as a working mother. You have all of jobs that I do, plus a working job on top of that. Sheesh!

So, I'm on strike. No doing the dishes today, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cooking, etc. And hopefully no one just stops by, because it's a mess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think you should leave all together and come to seattle for the day. Leave at 6am and come home around dinner time. :>