2.26.2009

Getting Organized

Ok, so last night our desk arrived from FedEx! Oh, thank the good lord. We've been needing one since we moved in, and now it's finally here. So last night Brad put it together and it looks great. Today, I got everything in the "office" organized - filing papers in the filing cabinet, organizing bills, putting things in the desk, and unpacking three more boxes that had office stuff in them. Wahoo! It feels good to have that accomplished.

Now Brad has a few things on his list: hanging pictures in our bedroom, the kids' pictures in the hallway, a coat rack and anything else I can give him to do. It's just going to take some time to fill this place up and get it how we want it. The next big ticket items (since we already got the TV and desk) are a couch for the bonus room, a mudroom bench (so we can sit down while putting on shoes) and a small kitchen table for the nook area. Hopefully we'll be able to find those items and they won't be too expensive. Once we get those items, I'll be feeling a lot better! And then it will just be getting stuff to decorate this place. We have a few things, but definitely not enough. One step at a time, I keep trying to tell myself that - but it's not working. I just want to have everything done now - and yes, I know I'm a 3 year old.

No comments: