2.18.2009

Finally!!!

Well we finally have Internet up and running! It felt like an eternity! But we have it, it works, and now I can finally catch up on email, blogging, and posting pictures. YES! Can't you tell that I'm excited? So I've been writing posts on Microsoft Word, so I'll just copy and paste those onto here. It's going to be a really long post, so please bear with me. Nevermind, I'm just going to post these each separately, it will probably be easier that way.


Valentine's Day:

Today we moved the rest of our stuff into the house. We loaded up the beds, dressers, toys, and a lot of little miscellaneous stuff! But it’s done. And we couldn’t have done it without the help of Brad’s parents and my mom. Brad’s parents brought their RV up so that they would have a place to sleep, and so that Brad’s mom could stay a little longer if we needed her to. My mom followed me up here and got to work with washing dishes, arranging more of the kitchen, playing with the kids, and just organizing stuff. We got most of the stuff out of the garage and into the house. The beds were the first thing that Brad and his dad put together. We didn’t want to be putting beds together at 9pm! The boys spent the rest of the time bringing in boxes, unloading the boxes, moving the heavy stuff into the rooms that it needed to be in and fixing the light switch – please don’t ask, it was only an hour process.

I did some more grocery shopping, which only took 2 hours. One, because I got lost and two, we’re living out in the country now. Gone are the days of just driving to a store that is just 5 minutes away to grab a few forgotten items. They do have a few small grocery stores in town, but to get to an Albertsons – it’s a good 15-20 minute drive. So I left at 5 and didn’t get home until 7, with dinner in hand. It has been quite a long day, but with much accomplished. Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Now I’m ready for bed, but it’s so stinkin’ quiet!

1 comment:

JennGoodley said...

wow sounds like you guys got a lot done! must feel good to have gotten all that done in one day. Yeah sounds like you guys are way out there.....you better make a good list for the market, so that when you go you don't forget stuff or you will be driving forever just for one thing. that would be the only bummer.....but i like being out in no where like that, it is so quite and you can hear the crickets that is my fav thing to listen to when it is quite and i am trying to go to sleep...