11.22.2008

Packing Sucks

Errr, where do I begin? Well today was really busy, and me being sick isn't helping matters any. I had a really bad coughing fit last night, so it was pretty dang rough! I ended up going over to the neighbors for some honey (thanks, Julia!). But I did sleep better, so that's good. Today though, is a different story. Today it's my nose with it being stuffy and a lot of sneezing, and still more coughing.

But I did get my hair done today, my last with my current hair dresser. I had to get one more appointment in before we left. So that was nice. Probably my last drive down to Salt Lake as well. And, I have a spa appointment on Monday. I've had these gift cards that I haven't used, so I figured with as much stress as I'm going through, I might as well put those cards to good use! So that will be really nice, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Today we did get a lot of stuff done, which is awesome. Brad and I went through most of the basement and threw away a lot of stuff. Packed up more stuff in the basement, and decided which stuff to donate. Brad will take a trailer full of stuff to the dump on Monday, and we've already dropped off the donated stuff, so the basement looks pretty good. Most of it was in storage bins anyways, but we did accomplish a good bit. We also packed up the coat closet, Brad packed up his bookshelf, I packed up the cabinet above the refrigerator, underneath our bed, our nightstands, Brad's dresser, and some of our closet. Tomorrow will be packing up the kitchen (what we can anyways), some of the bathroom stuff, and going through the basement again. Most of it doesn't really need to be packed, just loaded onto the truck. We get our moving truck on Tuesday and leave as early as possible on Wednesday. It's just crazy to think about it.

On good news, we've had a lot of showings for our house. We had a showing last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. One on Tuesday, two last night and a re-showing today. So I know that's a good sign that we're in the right price range and that people are interested in our house. Just send good vibes our way!

And I have to say thank you to everyone that has offered their help! Thank you so much, I appreciate all of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:< Still sad your going.
I was telling Missa you have both inspired me to clean our basement, well that and we were trying to find the clips for the xmas lights. Never did.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you packed all of that in a day. Phew.
I feel so bad I forgot to meet brads mom and tell him congrats on the new position. Maybe it is because I secretly am mad at him for taking you away.. yup that is my excuse. Please tell him for me and make sure to tell us when you are safe in the Evergreen State.

JennGoodley said...

moving is always overwhelming but it soon shall pass.....any accomplishment is a good one, it is better than not getting anything done.