9.10.2009

My 30th Birthday

So for my birthday, I really wanted to visit my friend Ashlee in Seattle. I thought it would be fun to have a girl’s weekend, and go shopping and just girly stuff. I left Friday around noon and got to her house in Bellingham around 3:30. Because Brad and I had to reschedule our anniversary trip – I was actually gone two weekends in a row from the kids! After I got there we chatted for a while and then headed off to get spa pedicures. Oh, so nice and Ashlee even treated me – I felt like a princess!! After that we got dinner and went back to her house to watch a movie. Then on Saturday we left for the outlet malls in Tulalip – it was like heaven opening their gates – pure bliss!! 110 stores, a Banana Republic outlet, a Coach outlet – anything that you could dream of was there. Brad told me to spend some money for my birthday, being that it was my 30th and that I don’t normally spend money on myself – it is always going towards the kids. So all in all, I got 12 different pieces – lots of sweaters, shirts and a great pair of jeans! I can’t wait to go back!!!! Then we headed on down to Seattle, checked into our hotel downtown and got ready for dinner. Because surprisingly enough we shopped for over 4.5 hours – hard to believe, I know J We ate at PF Changs for dinner, and I had never been there before, so that was a great treat. Yummy! Then on Sunday we walked around at Pike Place market and around downtown and then it was time for me to leave. It was a great weekend.

And I have to add this part, because I haven’t really been able to complain about it to anyone – so I will do that here. On my actual birthday – I got a lot of people wishing me happy birthday – which was great and my dad and sister (and you, Jill) sent me a card – but other than that, no one really did anything for me. Well, I shouldn’t say that – Brad took me out to dinner, and yes, that does count for something. But he didn’t get me a card, and didn’t get me a cake (which is what I had really wanted, because I LOVE cake). And my own mother didn’t even get my card to me in time, and on top of that my mother in law forgot my birthday. My 30th birthday – I mean, yeah it’s a birthday and most years that’s what I think – but it was my 30th! That’s a milestone, if you ask me. My sister in law didn’t call and no card from her either – I guess it was just a little disappointing to think that the people that are the closest to me didn’t even bother to do anything. So it’s a really good thing that I did go to Seattle!

My pretty pink toes after the pedicures!


Dinner at PF Changs.

Walking around Pike Place Market.

3 comments:

Jill and Lonnie said...

My birthday was that way this year, too. I don't think it goes back to being the way it was when we were kids!! Oh, well. Looks like you had a great time with Ashlee. I'm jealous!

Dawnell said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad Ashlee treated you so well.

Missa said...

super cute toes!! I'm glad you were able to get out and have such a fun time! Sorry your Labor Day weekend was less than stellar... isn't it always the way??