9.21.2009

Josh's 1st Day of Preschool

Grrr. These keep posting backwards, and I keep forgetting about it.

Maddie wanted her picture taken too.

Goofy face.

He wanted me to take a picture of his backpack!

All set for preschool!

Well another school year has started and Josh was as excited as ever. This year he will be going Monday through Thursday from 8:45am-11:25pm. Last school year he only went on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12pm. So you wouldn't think that it would be too much of a change, but boy has it ever been.
He was so excited to start school, as you can tell by his pictures! I had a meeting with his teacher a week before school started, and he had an orientation the Wednesday before so that he could get used to the classroom and meet his teacher. Brad took that day off so that we could all take Josh to school. It was so great for that to all happen.
And now that we've got the first week under our belts - hopefully we'll be more on time this week! I always felt like I was running late, and Josh wasn't getting settled before class actually started - because the classroom opens at 8:30 but class doesn't start until 8:45. Well I had been bringing him at 8:45, but all of the other kids were already there - so I talked with the teacher, and she said if I wanted to bring him earlier I could. So today, we got there a little after 8:30, and that seemed like it worked a little better. Plus, I think Josh is getting used to the routine and knows what to do now.
So we'll see how this week goes! And I'm trying to get more involved with Josh's school as well. Tomorrow night is the Preschool Policy Council meeting, so hopefully I will be able to attend that. I just know from here on out we're just going to keep getting busier and busier!!

No comments: