9.10.2009

Labor Day Weekend

So our Labor Day weekend was pretty uneventful – and when I think of Labor Day, I think of the last weekend to have a BBQ with lots of friends and/or family and just hanging out. You know, the real last weekend of the summer type of thing. Well, that did not happen for us. Long story short – Brad got called out to work at 2pm on Saturday and we didn’t see him again until 3pm on Monday! He worked 49.5 hours straight. I’m so glad that my sister, her boyfriend, and my niece came up on Sunday – because I probably would have gone insane. That was the only thing that saved me that weekend. The kids didn’t sleep well – which usually always happens to me, and I was pretty much at the end of my rope. And I know there are plenty of moms out there that do this exact same thing and even some yet, that have way worse than I do – but it’s hard just the same. And for those moms out there that don’t know what it’s like to have your hubby away – the ones that their husbands come home every night at the same time and leave the same time every morning, with no overtime, etc. Cut us moms a little slack, it’s hard work, and call us to make sure that we’re doing ok, and if there is a little stress to our voices – tell us to come on over! It really makes a difference. So this is my shout out to all those single moms out there and to the ones who do this type of thing all the time – YOU’RE AWESOME AND YOU DESERVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!! Keep up the good work.

No comments: