12.08.2008

Random Happenings

Well we're still here. Brad got back from his orientation on Friday night. Josh asked about him every day and every night, so it was good that Brad was here this weekend. His company asked him to work Friday night and Saturday, and then on Sunday he got a call from dispatch wanting him to come in to work. So there is no shortage of overtime here, which is good and bad. He will probably be working a lot of overtime this week and into the weekend. Which it's probably a good thing that we're in Tri-Cities and that I have help, but sometimes it doesn't feel like that.

Josh has 3 cavities that need to be fixed. We tried to get them fixed before we left, but we couldn't get an appointment. So we're having them fixed here, and he'll have to go under general anesthesia. Which is really scary for me. They said the procedure would take about 45 minutes. I'm pretty scared about the whole thing, but I know that he'll be fine. I'm just waiting to hear back from the insurance and will find out for information later.

Other than that, nothing much is happening. Our days are pretty boring. Josh started a new preschool last week, and will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:10 to 10:05. And let me just say - I thought 9 in the morning was hard, but 8! Eight is really difficult.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas is right around the corner yet. I'm trying to figure out who I need to send Christmas cards to and get those out. But no decorating our house this year. I'm going to miss our Christmas decorations! No lights on the house, no real tree. Oh well, there is always next year. We decided to buy Josh a train table this year. He is still really into trains, so I know he'll love it. And then there is Maddie's birthday. We'll probably just have a small family party over at Brad's parents house. Nothing big, but there will definitely be cake!

Well sorry for the disoriented thoughts and rambling. Not much to report, I'm just trying to get through one day at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to start working out again. That always seemed to make you feel better. Let us know how Josh's appt goes at the dentist that does sound scary.
Hey I was wondering how is Hawk in all this transitioning?

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

no way... my parents made my josh a train table too! Give me a call, glad josh is in preschool, sorry bout the cavities.
Jen