12.18.2008

Baby It's Cccold Outside

Oh this cold weather! It has been so cold here in Washington, I don't remember it being THIS cold. The last couple of days the temperature has been in the single digits, if not below zero with the wind chill factor. It has also been snowing here the last couple of days and it's a pain in the butt to drive around here due to several factors! People here don't know how to drive in the snow, they don't pave or sand the roads around here, and I have to park the Tahoe outside. My baby - outside!! Oh the humanity. We have leather seats, so my bum gets pretty cold - but thank the powers that be for auto-start cars!!! I love it. I just wish I didn't have to use it so much.

On a more serious note - Josh just had an ECHO done on his heart today. Ugh, it's just been a huge ordeal with him having cavities, switching dentists, doctors, and trying to get the insurance stuff all worked out. But the bottom line is that his new pediatrician heard an extra beat - so instead of his heart going bump, bump it goes bump - bumpbump. Which the doctor said is one of his valves not closing completely. So he can't give Josh a green light to have his dental procedure done on Monday until they know exactly what's going on with his heart. So he had the ECHO done today, the have to send it off to a pediatric cardiologist in Spokane to read it, and then hopefully they will call us back. If he gets the all clear - he will go in Monday morning at 9 to have his teeth fixed under general anesthesia. The dentist's office said it would take about an hour to get everything done, they he'd be in recovery and then when they deem he is awake enough - we'll be able to take him home. Thankfully Brad has already taken that day off, so it will be nice for me and Josh to have him there.

It's just been a rough go of everything from the $1000-2000 estimate for the procedure, $600 estimate for the anesthesiologists time and who knows how much for the ECHO. So, Merry Christmas to us. But it needs to be done. Just when you think you're getting ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting ahead is an oxymoron. We have to replace the catalytic converter on the subaru $1500 later merry xmas to us. Oh did I forget the $890 for some oil pan thingy. UGH.
I am sorry about Josh though that is twice as bad. Good luck with all the tests.
Maybe there was another reason you moved so quickly to WA. It sounds like your dr didn't hear it here and those are things that don't just appear. Good luck.

JennGoodley said...

oh my sorry I have not been on here in a while things have just been so busy. I am so sorry to hear about josh but I am sure everything will turn out okay. he is a strong kid and he will be fine I am sure of it. but what a way to start out. i agree maybe there was a reason you moved and a reason that the other doctor heard the extra beat when the other one didn't but i am keeping my fingers crossed about it.