5.18.2010

May Thus Far...

Ok, so it seems to be a recurring theme - but this month has BY FAR been the busiest month yet! Yeah, yeah you might say - but it's true. We finished off the first week in May with Brad having the duty truck. He ended up with 40 hours of overtime, and I meant to put in addition to his 40 hour work week, not 80. But still, it was a lot!

I had a Scentsy party on the 8th, which was a total bomb! Only one person showed up, but hopefully the host can get some outside orders. I sent some mini scents to a lady that lives in Oregon and she had a basket party - so that helped me out there. I have another basket party on Saturday. So I hope this means that things are starting to pick up???

Josh had a field trip to the local high school for Farm Days where there are farm animals, craft projects and lots of tractors. He got SO excited because they got to ride the school bus to and from school. Very exciting! I will post pictures of that tomorrow...maybe. I felt bad because I had to bring Maddie with me and since that was the case, I could only watch Josh and Maddie and not be in charge of any other children. Josh REALLY wanted to be by his friends, and not around mom and Maddie. It's happening already! Ack!

On Mother's Day, Brad and the kids got me flowers and a card. Brad also let me "sleep in" and I got a pedicure. Very pretty toes and very relaxing! We also ordered in so I didn't have to make dinner. Pretty low key but nice all at once.

We've had a birthday party to go to, I had a purse party that I went to (which I had to bring the kids with me, ugh), plus my Scentsy parties, and I also ended up watching Brad's cousin's son for a day and a half. Which brings up a good point - we are DEFINITELY not having 3 kiddos! I don't think I could do it. I'm already used to having the kids being able to entertain themselves, having my hands free, no spit up, no high chairs, etc.

And we aren't finished with this month yet. I have a hair appointment on Thursday (thank goodness, I'm in desperate need of a color), Josh has to redo a hearing test since he failed the one at his 5-year appointment and get booster shots, and then the next weekend it's Memorial Day weekend. I'm ready for summer. Rest and relaxation...ha ha ha!

No comments: