2.11.2010

My Parents - Part II

So now it's my mom's turn! Ever since her and my dad got divorced my relationship with her has been even more of a struggle. She is constantly asking me if I've talked to my dad, if I have his address, that she is pissed off at my dad (which is definitely understandable), and to make matters worse - she was hounding me after my grandfather passed away to make sure that I found out some information for her. Um...what??? She wanted me to find out if my dad was officially divorced from her before he married Bobbie because if he was a bigamist - 1/2 of my grandfather's money was hers! Words can not even describe how insane and disgusting that is - she told me to find that out the day I told her that my grandfather passed away!! I'm sorry, but WTF??? Why do people think about money right after someone dies?? That is just beyond disrespectful!

And lately I'm just tired of dealing with her drama (which she is always forcing upon me). She is dating a guy (and has been for a while now), that honestly (and I'm sorry for this) but he is just a douche bag. He is an alcoholic, he only comes over to my mom's house for the free use of the shower and her alcohol, and one (of the many times) that they broke up - he told her that if she put more money into their relationship maybe he would treat her better. Again, um...what?!? And for her birthday - which was on the 9th - he gets her a 100 proof bottle of Peppermint Schnapps!! And she doesn't even like that crap! Also, now I hear from my sister that my mom is going to be selling her condo so that her and Steve (her boyfriend) can buy a house and move in together! Ugh! Constant drama that I don't even want to deal with.

1 comment:

Missa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa... how are you doing? and i am so sorry about all the parental drama. it totally sounds like they are acting like self-centered teenagers again. that really sucks.

i can't believe how they are all acting in the wake of your grandfather's death. so disrespectful. i'm sorry.

i hope you are doing ok and just remember "don't let the bastards get you down" - even when the bastards are you family...

give me a call if you ever need to talk!