2.01.2010

My Parents - Part I

Wow - I feel like I've been adopted. I feel like I don't even know my parents any more and I also feel like they've reverted back to being teenagers where it is all about them and no one else. A lot of this has stemmed from going to my grandfather's funeral and more stuff lately just keeps bringing everything right back to the surface.

A lot has happened to get me to this point. I just feel like I've been dealing with A LOT of drama in my life lately, and I just want it to end and be peaceful! I need a break. I need a vacation. I just want to go somewhere and cozy up with a few books, read to my hearts content and then sleep. And that's pretty much it!


So this all started when I went to California for my grandfather's funeral. Once there I met my dad's new wife for the very first time! Not exactly the best opportunity to do this, seeing as how I was grieving and everything else. So let's just say, that didn't go over so well. Long story short (because I don't feel like typing it all down) she just seems like she is with my dad for the money. She only met my grandfather one time, and thinks that she knows him and our life with him. My dad kept calling her "honeybear" even after I spoke with him about my feelings about hearing that. I tried to explain to my dad that this (him and his new wife) is all VERY new to me and I'm so used to seeing him with my mom, it's just very difficult. I asked him if could tone it down with the pet names and such, but as soon as Bobbie (the new wife) walks through the door he calls her "honeybear" and all the while is looking directly at me. I felt like he still thinks of me as a small child and isn't taking my feelings into account. It's all about him!

I had not seen my dad in almost 2 years, I was dealing with my grandfather's death, and then I had to deal with all of that crap with his new wife. It was just too much! And now I've been hearing from my aunt (my dad's only sibling) that my dad didn't even call her on Christmas. And when he did call it was to say that they (him and Bobbie) needed to rent a UHaul truck and bring it to California. When my aunt asked him why - he said so they could pick up some stuff of my grandfather's because they were already placing dibs on furniture, pictures, and probably jewelry! Hearing that just made me completely sick to my stomach. What were they doing in California - taking stock of everything so they would know what they wanted?!? My grandfather has only been gone for a month when my dad starting asking about that stuff!!! WOW!

And there has been much more stuff, but I am just too tired to type it all out. I'm just exhausted in dealing with all of this family drama!

No comments: